Jaguars News | Jacksonville Jaguars – jaguars.com
WATFORD, United Kingdom – The trip is cool, but cool isn’t important.
The Jaguars traveled to the United Kingdom Thursday night, practiced Friday and will play an important game Sunday in a familiar international whirlwind. Priority No. 1 of it all remains clear, and Head Coach Doug Pederson likes what he has seen this week toward that end.
“Guys did a nice job of handling it this week and had a good week of preparation,” Pederson said as the Jaguars (1-2) prepared to play the Atlanta Falcons (2-1) at Wembley Stadium in London Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
Pederson spoke to the media following a Friday practice at the Grove Hotel along with wide receiver Calvin Ridley and quarterback Trevor Lawrence, with Lawrence calling the past few day “a great week of prep” with “a lot of energy.”
“It’s just more important than ever that you know your plan, you know all the details, you’re prepared so you can go play free on Sunday and you’re not thinking, because you do kind of miss a little bit of prep on that travel time,” Lawrence said. “I think guys understand that. We’re prepared and we still have 48 hours or so to continue to prepare for the game.
“It has been a great week. We’ve been flying around even today. I thought the energy was great after a long, long plane ride and guys being a little tired. We brought a lot of juice and it was good.”
Pederson has talked in recent weeks about the need for the Jaguars to relax and “let the game come to them,” an area he said he liked this week. He said the team worked at about 80 percent Friday toward that end.
“You can definitely feel that during the week, how the guys come out and practice, the energy of practice, the focus at practice,” Pederson said. “We definitely want them to play relaxed. It’s best when we do that, let the game unfold and just make the plays that come their way.”
Added Pederson, “The guys have really done a nice job in preparation for Atlanta. They know what’s going on. We just have to keep it about us, keep it simple that way and try to eliminate the mistakes that have showed up, especially these last two weeks.”
The Jaguars lost to the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans the past two weeks, with both losses in Jacksonville.
“I don’t love how I played the last couple weeks, but I know we’re headed in the right direction and looking forward to getting back on track this week,” Lawrence said. “I think we are headed in the right direction. I’m excited about that.”
- Jaguars inside linebacker Devin Lloyd, wide receiver Zay Jones and rookie safety Antonio Johnson were ruled out Friday – with Lloyd not making the trip to London and expected to miss the next two games after thumb surgery Wednesday. Jones will miss a second consecutive game with a knee injury and Johnson will miss a fourth consecutive game with a hamstring injury.
- Rookie offensive tackle Anton Harrison (ankle), wide receiver Jamal Agnew (thigh) and defensive tackle Foley Fatukasi (shoulder) were listed as questionable on the Friday injury report. Agnew will be a game-time decision Sunday, Pederson said Friday. “We’re still going to give him another day,” Pederson said, adding that he is optimistic the veteran receiver returner will play Sunday.
- Pederson said the same receivers likely will be active Sunday as were active with Jones out last week: Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Tim Jones and Agnew with Jacob Harris a standard practice squad elevation.
- Pederson said running back JaMycal Hasty also could be active for special teams with Lloyd out. “It will look a little different, but similar in some ways,” Pederson said.
- Also: outside linebacker Josh Allen (shoulder) and safety Andrew Wingard (shoulder) were removed from the injury report and are expected to play Sunday.
Big left arrow icon Big right arrow icon Close icon Copy Url Three dots icon Down arrow icon Email icon Email icon Exit Fullscreen icon External link icon Facebook logo Football icon Facebook logo Instagram logo Snapchat logo YouTube logo TikTok logo Spotify logo LinkedIn logo Grid icon Key icon Left arrow icon Link icon Location icon Mail icon Menu icon Open icon Phone icon Play icon Radio icon Rewind icon Right arrow icon Search icon Select icon Selected icon TV icon Up arrow icon User icon Audio icon Add to calendar iconNFC icon AFC icon NFL icon Carousel IconList ViewWebsite InstagramTwitterFacebookSnapchatShop IconProfile Overlay AvatarAddAirplayArrow LeftArrow RightArrow UpArrow DownAudioBack 5sBack 10sBack 30sCalendarChartCheckDownLeftRightUpChromecast OffChromecast OnCloseClosed CaptionsBench OffBench OnBroad OffBroad OnVertical OffVertical OnCommentDockDoneDownloadDraftFantasyFilterForward 5sForward 10sForward 30sFull Screen OffFull Screen OnGamepassGamesInsightsKeyLeaveLiveCombineDraftFantasyMenu GamesMenu NetworkMenu NewsMenu PlayoffsMenu Pro BowlMenu ShopMenu StandingsMenu StatsMenu Super BowlMenu TeamsMenu TicketsMenuMore HorizontalMore VerticalMy LocationNetworkNewsPauseplayMultiple PlayersSingle PlayerPlaylistPlayoffsPro BowlPurgeRefreshRemoveSearchSettingsShare AndroidShare Copy URLShare EmailShare FacebookShare InstagramShare iOSShare SnapchatShare TwitterSkip NextSkip PreviousStandingsStarStatsSwapTeamsTicketsVideoVisibility OffVisibility OnVolume HiVolume LowVolume MediumVolume MuteWarningWebsite Caret downCaret upAtNewsPlayAudioGalleryPromo Chevron right